Popular Posts

Friday 17 May 2013

In just 19 days time...


In just 19 days time, Barry, Joshua and myself will be joining Steve and Renata on this beautiful yacht called the 'Dixi Rollar'.

Dixi Rollar is a 36ft yacht and was built in steel by Steve. The main mast is a pine tree chopped down at Rhodes Memorial, from a stand specially grown for ship masts.

This is the opportunity of our life time and words can not describe how I am feeling, with just a few days to go until we leave South Africa.  Coming from Rhodesia to South Africa came with its own life changing experiences.  Now I leave South Africa, the country I grew up in, to embark on an adventure that I have only ever dreamed about as a young girl.  This is proof that dreams do become a reality, the only conditions are, that you have to make them a reality, you have to take that giant leap of faith and you have to make sacrifices...sometimes the biggest sacrifices imagineable.  If you are willing to do that then you can make any dream come true.
 
My personal sacrifices? leaving my two girls behind, there is no greater sacrifice in this world for me.  Giving up my home and earthly belongings was easy, because those things are NOT what makes you the person that you are. 
 
What do I take along with me... my girls, whom I carry with me in my heart and soul every moment of every day, the fondest memories, close and dear friendships, a blackberry and my backpack :-).  That's all I need for this adventure. 
 
And what an adventure this is going to be...
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment