Popular Posts

Saturday 17 August 2013

Working on the beach!

From corporate to working from home to working 5 days a week on the beach!  It gets better and better!  Working on the beach has it's pros and its con's and I'm going to share them with you today!

Working on the beach ... when you hear that and put some thought into it I am sure you think that must be just fabulous.  It is fabulous in many ways, I get to watch a beautiful sunrise and sunset every single day.  I also get to eat meals with Joshua and Barry in the shade of the trees.  I snorkel at least twice a day every day and I have a sun kissed tan which most girls pay lots of money for :-)  Fresh air, beautiful views and always surrounded by fabulous people.  We never ever have dirty feet because we are always passing through water, in the dingy, out the dingy, on the boat, off the boat and so it goes on a daily basis.

The con's to working on the beach?  are there any you are most likely asking.  Oh yes there are plenty!  The sand flies are a killer, they bite continuously around my feet and ankles which have resulted in reptile skin and that doesn't impress me at all!  There is always sand everywhere, in my hair, under my nails, in my clothes, in my backpack and usually in my drinks or food.  The sun beats down from 06h00 to 18h00, no matter where you are hiding the sun always gets me and so my brown has turned to dark brown... I may have to change my passport photo soon :-)

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday's are good days, but by the time I get to Thursday I am pretty much over the sand, sea and sun.  We are now on week number 6 and working on the beach is taking it's toll.  My skin, my hair and my clothing are taking a good ol' beating. 

So the pros outweigh the cons as always in my life's journey which means that working on the beach instead of an office is just awesome!  My work attire is, barefoot, costume, shorts and a had.  My views are just beautiful and my 'office' is nothing but wide open space!

Life is good!

Peace, love and happiness



No comments:

Post a Comment