Popular Posts

Wednesday 12 February 2014

Its the small things I miss and love the most!


Since leaving Colombia and life on water (for now), we have been adventuring between Jozi and Pretoria via the public transport system.  It’s been a hoot.  The transport system here is so much better than the countries we visited, besides the islands.  The Gautrain is so convenient and the bus services are great! This cuts out most of the taxi’s and buses we would have to take.  Our most reliable mode of transport are our own legs and feet and taking to the streets on foot is thrilling!
The weather has been fab!  Hot sunny days with temperatures hitting 33 degrees.  Some days are rainy and wet and it’s those days I am loving the most.  I craved rain for 11 months and now it rains most evenings bringing relief and washing away the dirt and hurt from the day.  Saying that, I miss the hot and humid days while in the Caribbean and South America.  Those days where I sweated profusely from parts I didn’t know I had, which I now know I have and I know how to handle with ease!
I miss those lazy Caribbean days on the beach.  Those days where it was so hot all I could do was hang out in a hammock and drink island rum with ice.  Talk to the locals and sway slowly to the island music, slowly as a result of the rum!
I miss the friends I made along the way! Those all day and all night socials on the beach then in the water, then on land then on the boat.  Those late night and sometimes all night scrabble tournaments!
I miss those sun rises and sunsets that always took my breath away, those night skies and full moon extravaganzas.  Those skies that umbrella’d the excitement, laughter, love and the music of the people!  Where the people smile and talk to each other in the local shops, where people don’t need a reason to celebrate.  Because every day is a celebration.
I miss the crazy kayaking to and from our boats.  Shhhhhh don’t tell Barry I said that because it will be an ‘I told you so’ moment… lol.  No matter how crap the day was for whatever reason, a kayak journey always made my soul smile. 
I miss snorkeling whenever the urge grabbed me.  I miss the sea life which never ceased to excite me.  I miss the scares by my own dreadlocks underwater while snorkeling!  I miss the sand between my toes and the sound of the water below and around me.
Of all the things I miss, I miss seeing the thrill on Joshua’s face all day every day!
My perspective on my life has changed and I love myself totally!  I love the way I look and feel, my soul, my heart, my mind and my body is healthy.  I have returned a little more loopy but I have a very good reason… it was the rude amounts of rum and ‘me time’ on desolate islands in the middle of absolutely no where!
I love and adore those little things that we miss the most when they are no longer there. I indulge in a hot bubble bath with a glass of red wine every day. I love that I now enjoy and ensure I have a healthy balance of ‘me time’.  I read a book a week, if however, it is 50 Shades then I read two in one week. I spend time working on my dreadlocks, I love lying on the soft green grass, I absolutely love being in the same time zone as my daughters.  I appreciate the clean crispy bedding when I climb into my soft and comfy bed in my large bedroom which has big glass windows and skylights.  I love all this space, my space!
I love that I can flush a toilet with one finger movement.  That I can walk to a shop and buy exactly what I need.  That I can pack my clothes into a cupboard and that I can wash laundry in a washing machine.  That washing day isn’t an event but now a simple and easy chore.  I love that I can listen to music and its music that I love!
Soon our adventures move up Africa and I am eager to pack my backpack and mission.  For now, I am loving my home base luxuries and my friends and family who surround me with their love and energy!  Pretoria is a fantastic city.  I am happy here J
Everyday is a celebration to me!
Blu

No comments:

Post a Comment