Popular Posts

Monday 8 April 2013

Our time in Jozi is drawing to a happy close...

And so our home is now an empty flat, cupboards are bare, pictures are down... all of what we once new up to 3 weeks ago is now gone or coming to an end.  My desk is now a crate and my chair a camera case and it's awesome!  It's pretty easy downsizing your life to a backpack, the secret is to plan it all carefully and then to work your plan.  Have lists and cross off each action and soon your 2 page list diminishes down to 10 actions. 

It's time to get this journey started and it kicks off on the 29/30 April, we road trip via the Greyhound to Howick in the beautiful Midlands, where we will spend quality time with friends and family.  We will be off to the Southern Berg for some fishing, a braai or two and well deserved walk in the mountains.  We will be 'car less' so our travels will all be on foot, via public transport and friends.  Our entire journey will comprise of backpacks and Crocs :-)

Our 'bon voyage' fundraising celebration takes place on Friday, 26 April.  I am super excited to have this last opportunity to say 'adios' to those who we know in Jozi.  We are asking all that come along to contribute to our journey around the Caribbean.  Bring along all your old change or donate R100 to an extra day in the Caribbean.  R100 will pay for one more day :-)

Joshua is growing more excited as he sees our flat emptying, he knows our journey begins in a short while.  His backpack is packed with all his important belongings which he holds dear, his clothes, toothbrush and board shorts.  When asked what he will miss the most about Joburg, his response is "I will miss Kaelah the most"... and that's when my heart swells with pride, this little boy of only 4 years understands love and how to give and receive love. 

Me, I am in the right place in my life to make this change in my life.  I am eager to begin my new way of life.  I have never flown overseas, I have never visited another country other than Mozambique and of course I left Rhodesia (before it became Zimbabwe) when I was a little girl and have never been back. 

What attracts me the most about this journey,meeting the children of the Caribbean.  Getting to know them, their struggles, their dreams and how they live their lives.  So much good stuff coming our way.

Anyway, my 10 minutes of quiet time is over, it's time to get my scooter ready for collection this afternoon.  Taking her for a quick ride to say my goodbyes :-)

I wish you a magical day, filled to the brim with peace, love and happiness.

Blu





No comments:

Post a Comment